5th May 2021
The Government has confirmed the advice for medical appointments is unchanged during this latest lockdown. Therefore Podiatrists can remain open, including home visits.
As the Government releases more information, the Royal College of Podiatry will keep members up to date and I will adjust this announcement and keep my patients well informed ahead of their appointments.
If you would like to cancel your appointment, please get in touch ASAP. Appointments cancelled within 24 hours will be charged the full fee.
I continue to monitor the advice from the Government and The College closely and can reassure you that I have been following all advice to date to the letter. I do have the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (goggles, gloves, masks, aprons etc) and can minimise risk by not touching anything in your home.
Home visits across all three tiers (Medium, High and Very High) may continue as long as visits are risk assessed, the correct PPE is used and infection control protocols followed.
* Treatment must be undertaken in a well-ventilated room.
* You must wear a face covering or mask, unless you have been shielding, self-isolating or are medically exempt.
* Please could any other members of your family be in another room.
* Follow-up Appointments are 45 minutes, from my arrival until my exit (inclusive). If you require extra time, you may be charged. See fees for more information.
* I will send you a pre-appointment covid screening questionnaire by email in advance of your appointment. I would be grateful if could please complete this on receipt.
In addition to my usual hygiene measures, I use Clinisept+, an antimicrobial spray which kills coronaviruses. It is also dermatologically tested and therefore safe to use on skin. I will continue to follow the Royal College of Podiatry's strict hygiene and infection control protocols which predate this pandemic. If you would like to purchase Clinisept+ please click here.
I undertake a PCR coronavirus screening test every other week. All have been negative to date.
I have received both doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine. As per Governmental guidance, I am undertaking twice weekly lateral flow tests.
Please note, my work area is within 10 miles of Eynsham. If you live outside of this area, please use the Royal College of Podiatry's website to locate a podiatrist local to you.
P. S. I am not currently taking on new patients